Jaya Moorjani was enrolled as a Company Secretary in 2009. She graduated in law in 2012 after completing her post-graduation in Commerce. Prior to joining PSA, she worked with a Delhi based corporate group primarily dealing in market research activities. Jaya has varied experience in corporate compliances. She constantly deals with various government officials and helps in securing regulatory approvals. She is well versed with the working of MCA 21 and various corporate and secretarial activities.
Jaya handles the various day-to-day corporate activities of the client companies and regularly interfaces with various central and state government authorities such as ROC, RBI, MCA, and Revenue Department etc. on various corporate matters. She prepares papers for the Board and shareholders meetings. Her scope of work includes legal activities such as drafting and filing of petitions under various sections of the Companies Act, 1956.
- Assisted foreign investors in incorporating their subsidiaries in India
- Assisted several clients in procuring director’s identification number and digital signatures and handled related practical procedural issues
- Advised in the corporate related due diligence related to acquisition of an unlisted Indian company by a US based company
- Assisted several client in the ROC and RBI documentation related to issue and transfer of shares to non-resident clients
- Counseled on issues concerning conversion of compulsorily convertible preference shares
- Undertaken filing of various investor complaints with the ROC
- She regularly contributes to the firm’s bulletins and circulates MCA updates to keep abreast with the latest procedural changes in various departments as its internal CLE requirement