Sudha Sampath graduated from Faculty of Law, Delhi University, New Delhi in 2010. Prior to her law graduation, she completed her under-graduation in B.Sc (Life Science) in 2004 followed by masters in M.Sc (Zoology) in 2006.
Immediately after her final year LLB exams, she worked with an independent advocate and developed wide expertise both in civil and criminal matters. During this period, Sudha also handled independent cases concerning Negotiable Instruments and Companies Act.
Subsequently, she worked with Datta and Co for more than a year. She regularly appeared in proceedings before different forums including Supreme Court, High Court and various district courts, Company Law Board, State and District Consumer Forum for consumer protection matters, arbitration and mediation proceedings. She is seasoned in all kinds of drafting required in pre-litigation as well as litigation matters, in accordance with the procedural laws.
Prior to joining PSA, she was working as an associate with the litigation team of Surana and Surana in Chennai and headed the team for Debts Recovery Tribunal, Debts Recovery Appellate Tribunal and consumer courts for more than 3 years.
- Advised and represented domestic clients and nationalized banks on the Securitization and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Securities Act, 2002
- Conducted legal audit for a major nationalized bank apart from giving regular legal opinions
- Represented domestic clients in negotiation with banks and worked for amicable dispute settlement by way of one-time settlement
- Represented international and domestic automobile manufacturing companies in arbitral proceedings and in proceedings before the consumer courts
- Assisted and represented a famous food chain in the proceedings before the consumer forum.
- Advised and represented a major asset reconstruction company in cases pertaining to Companies Act, Securitization and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Securities Act and Recovery of Debts due to Bank and Financial Institution Act