Arya Tripathy graduated from Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur in 2011. Prior to joining PSA, she was working with the General Corporate, M&A team of Amarchand Mangaldas & Suresh A. Shroff, New Delhi for more than 3 years. In her practice, she has advised domestic and international clients on diverse aspects of business law, telecommunication and media laws, mergers and acquisitions, law of contracts, labour and employment laws. Arya has also advised clients on education matters, law of trusts and laws governing non-profit organisations.
In her law school days she has won accolades in national and international moots, and has published various articles in reputed international and national journals like All India Reporter, Supreme Court Cases, Madras Law Journal, International Journal of Trade in Services, Indian Journal of Human Rights and Social Justice. Post law school, she has judged various moot court competitions and has published articles on contemporary business law topics in The In-House Lawyer (Thomson Reuters & Westlaw, U.K.), Indian Business Law Journal, and newsletter of International Law Office.
- Advised various domestic and foreign companies for acquisition of majority stake in phased manner in Indian targets, business transfers, asset purchases and investments
- Advised Indian companies on various issues under the Companies Act, 2013, such as buy-back of securities, related party transactions, corporate governance, inter-corporate loans and investments, matters concerning the board of directors, etc
- Advised a leading paper products company for court restructuring
- Advised a leading FMCG company for group restructuring
- Advised various trusts and societies under UGC laws, and operational issues of non-profit organisations
- Advised a leading social networking company on privacy related issues and telecommunication laws
- Advised leading phone manufacturing company in hardware, software and service procurement transaction
- Advised a foreign religious society and a Section 25 company for compounding of offences under FCRA
- Advised a leading foreign university in United States for collaboration with an Indian online education provider
- Advised a French company for setting up factory in Rajasthan
- Advised a foreign company on white collar crimes and preventive steps
- Undertaking company due diligences and drafting contracts such as employment, shareholders’, share purchase, joint venture as well as ESOP scheme for various clients
- Advised clients on negotiation of settlement structures for separation of closely held companies in family settlement disputes and drafting of deeds and contract