Urvika Suri was enrolled as an advocate in 2011 and holds a honors degree in law from Amity Law School, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University in New Delhi.
Prior to joining PSA in March 2019, she has worked with three reputable firms. She started her career at Suri & Company, where she was a part of their core litigation team focusing on general civil litigation. Thereafter, she worked with Singhania and Partners as part of the dispute resolution team with a focus on arbitrations and commercial litigation and then with Bharucha & Partners. With 8 years’ experience behind her, Urvika has independently handled and argued various types of suits, petitions, criminal complaints, writs in High Courts. Apart from handling the entire gamut of trial litigation, she appears regularly before various courts, both original and appellate side. These include district and high courts within and outside Delhi, arbitral tribunals and Supreme Court of India. Additionally, she is seasoned in certain special courts covering administrative law (Central Administrative Tribunal); consumer, (district forums, state and national commission); debt recovery (DRT and DRAT); insolvency (NCLT and NCLAT); and telecom matters (TDSAT).
In the course of her litigation practice she has represented managements of companies, individuals, conducted trials across a spectrum of industries, including aviation, banking, finance, freight-forwarding, heavy-duty equipment manufacturing, imaging and electronics, publishing, real-estate and transport. In some cases, she has also acted as an in-house resource for clients as the lead and coordinated with counsels across multiple cities pan-India, managed and tracked development in the cases.
- Advised and appeared for a large US freight company for all their India-related disputes across multiple courts
- Acted for a Bollywood star in the Supreme Court as part of the lead in a team that successfully secured stay in criminal proceedings
- Represented India’s national carrier and conducted trials for them before several district courts and High Court in disputes and claims for damages, writs at High Court in labor disputes involving in-flight crew
- Advised broadcasters and represented them in different cases before TDSAT, District Courts and Delhi High Court involving challenges to signal disconnections, recovery of money and trademark infringement
- Advising an Indian company in the technology space on its strategy on enforcing rights under an equitable mortgage and handling their civil and criminal disputes
- Representing a large US company in the education and testing business in a dispute with their Indian distributor in summary proceedings
- Acting for and defending a NYSE listed company’s Indian subsidiary in a civil dispute with its vendor in a recovery suit
- Worked as part of a team on pre-litigation advise to one of the largest PPP projects in India in disputes involving bank guarantees
- Managing the case at the National Company Law Tribunal on behalf of an Indian freight forwarding company
- Advising the management of a real-estate company and appearing at the national commission in an appeal filed by a homeowner seeking damages for structural defects in construction
- Defending a trademark infringement case against an Indian company in the food delivery business
- Acted for a large multinational port operator and advised them on how to enforce an arbitral award in their favor
- Advising and acting on behalf of an independent home owner seeking refund of money due to delay in possession
- Defending a large US company in its labor disputes and alleged illegal termination of employees