The members of the litigation team have over the last three decades, appeared in numerous arbitrations, civil appeals, civil suits, company matters, special leave petitions and writ petitions. Wearing business hats, the lawyers of this practice group also have vast experience in engaging in effective negotiations and mediation in resolving commercial disputes out-of-court. We also utilize our dispute resolution capabilities to help clients in drafting and negotiating dispute resolution clauses for various commercial contracts. The strategic ability of our dispute resolution lawyers is instrumental in ensuring efficient trials, proceedings and matter-management.
WHAT WE HAVE DONE
- Appeared before various national and international dispute resolution forums, tribunals, quasi-judicial bodies, courts at all levels including those with original and appellate jurisdiction and the Supreme Court of India
- Acted on banking claims, commercial and contractual disputes, corporate litigation, constitutional law challenges, complex tax disputes, IPR infringements, environmental matters, recovery and summary suits, consumer matters, insolvency, criminal matters and public interest litigations
- Represented many large Indian and foreign companies in various institutional (ICC, SIAC, AAA, ICA) and ad-hoc arbitrations. The disputes involved sectors such as power (thermal and renewable), roads, maritime, steel, gas, automotive, etc. with claims up to and in excess of USD 1 billion
- Acted for client in defending arbitral awards in courts across India
- Represented several individuals and companies (insurance, NBFCs, auto companies, home buyers, real estate companies, e-commerce companies, furniture manufacturers, etc.) across District Forum, State Commission and National Commission on matters under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986
- Represented several banks and private companies/individuals in criminal proceedings involving letters of credits and dishonour of cheques.
- Appeared for foreign companies in successful recoveries of money from government entities in procurement contracts
- Represented operational creditors in numerous insolvency proceedings as well as majority and minority shareholders in oppression and mismanagement proceedings before NCLT Delhi, NCLAT, NCLT Mumbai, Jaipur and Chandigarh. Provided overall dispute resolution strategy to clients across a diverse industry base