Our lawyers have represented a wide range of clients, from leading foreign multinationals to small businesses in diverse industries at the Supreme Court, various State High Courts, forums, commissions and tribunals in India. The members of the litigation team have over the last three decades, appeared in numerous writ petitions, special leave petitions, civil suits, civil appeals and company matters. The work undertaken ranges and stems from banking claims, commercial and contractual disputes, corporate litigation, constitutional law challenges, complex tax disputes, IPR infringements, recovery and summary suits, insolvency, criminal matters and public interest litigations. The strategic ability of our litigation lawyers is instrumental in ensuring efficient trials and planning case-management in litigation.
We also represent clients in complex and high-stake disputes in ad-hoc and institutional arbitrations under various arbitral rules (ICC, LCIA, SIAC, AAA, UNCITRAL etc.) in India and abroad and advise them on enforcement of foreign judgments/awards.
Wearing business hats, the lawyers of this practice group also have vast experience in engaging in effective negotiations/mediation and resolving commercial disputes out-of-court. We also help clients on drafting and negotiating dispute resolution clauses for various commercial contracts.
WHAT WE HAVE DONE
- Appeared before various national and international dispute resolution forums, tribunals, quasi-judicial bodies, courts at all levels including those with original and appellate jurisdiction and the Supreme Court of India
- Acted on banking claims, commercial and contractual disputes, corporate litigation, constitutional law challenges, complex tax disputes, IPR infringements, environmental matters, recovery and summary suits, insolvency, criminal matters and public interest litigations
- Appeared in an arbitration before the ICC arising from a supply contract against a major industrial group in India
- Represented Indian and foreign companies in both domestic and international arbitrations, both under civil, commercial, energy and maritime disputes with claims up to and in excess of USD 500 million
- Represented several banks in criminal proceedings involving antedating of letters of credits
- Appeared for foreign companies in successful recoveries of money from government entities in procurement contracts
- Appeared for secured creditors in seeking dissolution of public companies
- Represented minority shareholders in proceedings at the Company Law Board to prevent oppression and mismanagement by the majority shareholders
- Acted for European companies in defending arbitral awards in courts across India
- Provided overall dispute resolution strategy to clients across a diverse industry base